Monday, May 2, 2011

Waiting

My sister is having her baby today. She is thirty eight weeks and four days. That lucky girl. Ruby D refused to come. My doctor told me for weeks, "She is coming this weekend." Yeah right. I had strong contractions for an entire night. I went to the hospital, got hooked up, had a huge contraction, then nothing. The nurse told me, "We'll see you tomorrow or later this week." Three weeks later (and after I had my membranes stripped twice) I went to the hospital for a scheduled induction. I checked in at 5 centimeters regularly contracting. The nurse asked me, "Did you know you are having contractions." My response, "Yes, I have been for weeks. Could you do something about that?" My doctor could barely break the water to start my induction because of how Ruby's head was wedged. If I ever have another baby (I say yes, Andrew says no) I am not hoping for a repeat scenario. My epidural may have failed with Gracie, I may have had back labor, but she was five days early. My sister will now have had all three of her babies ten days early. I can't wait to meet little Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment