Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Ruby

I have slowly been trying to transition Ruby from cosleeping to sleeping in her crib. She slept in her bassinet wrapped in her swaddle blanket until she was seven months old. I tried unswaddling her numerous times, and it always ended with her frantically swinging her arms around until she woke herself up. I started putting her in our bed unswaddled when she was almost eight months old. She still moved her arms a lot, but she was usually able to get herself back to sleep with only a pat on the back. I had Andrew put her crib in our room at the new house. I hoped this would help with the transition. I usually can get her in her crib after she falls asleep, but she only lasts a few hours (four is her max). She doesn't necessarily wake up hungry either-she just wants to see me. She is my little jack in the box. The minute she wakes up she pulls herself to a sitting position and starts screaming. If I get her back to sleep and try to lay her down (and I mean asleep-pacy has fallen out of mouth, deep breathing) she lays down for less than a minute and then pops up again. It's a good thing she is just SO stinking cute. I'm sure at some point she will sleep through the night (it only took Gracie three years) in her own bed. She just wants to cuddle with her Mommy.

Oh my little bitty Ruby D. A little less than two weeks old.
Look at those cheeks! Impressive.

Taken just a few days before I started putting her in bed with us.

See Mommy, you can't be mad at me for not sleeping. I'm just too cute. And you would miss me in your bed, wouldn't you? I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment