Friday, July 29, 2011

Ruby D at Twelve Months

At twelve months you:

-have started to walk! You took two steps for the first time on 7/16. You are now up to four steps at a time. You quite often fall after one or two steps, but you get right back up and start walking again.
-love to play with baby dolls, stuffed animals, blocks, and anything your sister has. You like to steal her Gabbas from her (you can say Muno).
-don't really watch tv or have a favorite show. We have it on in the morning for Gracie, but you usually just ignore it except for the intro to Dinosaur Train.
-love to be outside in your swing, splashing in the water table, or crawling up (yes, up) the slide.
-say so many new words all the time. Words we hear a lot: baby, kitty, hi, that, this, no, mama, daddy, whee (on the swing, when we toss you in the air), wow.
-can point at your nose (you also try to say nose, but it sounds a lot like no). You can also point out where my bobbies are and try to say boob.
-love baths, but you get in trouble, because you fill up the water cup or bucket and spill the whole thing over the edge. You also love when Mommy blows bubbles during bathtime and you reach to pop them.
-are starting to get better at drinking out of your sippy cup. You still want to breastfeed a ton (usually right after you wake up, before nap, after waking up from nap, before bed, and at least once or twice during the night).
-are such a good eater. Lately you have loved: lasagna, chocolate, crackers, cheese, ham, and pineapples.
-get jealous when Mommy holds other babies. You do like to see babies and try to touch their hair and their hands.
-love to play peek a boo and get tickled. You also like me to pretend to chew on your toes.
-are in twelve month clothes and size three shoes
-go to sleep between 8 and 9. You wake up after an hour or so, look around to see if anyone is there (or if I'm holding you). If it isn't me or anything is going on you wake up wanting to party. Night owl baby.

Oh Ruby Dee Dee! It just doesn't seem possible that you are one. You are my silly girl, my cuddly girl, my smiley girl, my smartie pants girl, my everything girl. I have to grab you and kiss you so many times every day. You make everyone smile, and I just can't imagine my life without you. I love you forever and a day.



Oh Ruby D, I could just eat you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment