Friday, July 1, 2011

Fave on Friday

I don't buy new books. Unless they are five dollars or less. That means I reread most of the books I own. A lot (I'm a very quick reader). I can't go to sleep at night until I have read a few chapters. One of my favorites:



Did you know I have a sweet tooth? Well I do (a major one). I tend to like chocolate a lot more than the author of this book, but I share her excitement for sweets. Oh and candy stores. I love a good candy store.  Favorites candies:

  • Mint nonpareils (the pastel colored ones). I prefer the larger sized ones, but it is easier to find minis.
  • Reeses Fast Break, Nutrageous (very rarely sold at registers), Big Cup (I freeze my big cups, eat the chocolate layer first, then eat the peanut butter). I love chocolate and peanut butter together. My all time favorite are Reeses Peanut Butter eggs (which are better than trees, pumpkins, and hearts).
  • Carmellos. I also freeze my Carmellos. Yummy.
  • SnoCaps. Best eaten with buttery popcorn and enjoyed at the movie theater. 
  • Pixie Sticks. Purely for nostalgia. In high school I used to mix pixie sticks with Mountain Dew. Only orange though. 
  • Yellow Spree, Laffy Taffy, or Starburst. I am not a big fan of fruit flavored candy. I will eat yellow though.
  • Cadbury mini eggs (not the ones filled with cream, although I do love them). During Easter time I had a stockpile of these in my freezer. My husband doesn't really like candy, (except for Hot Tamales-gross! The only Hot Tamale I want is Mariah Carey.) but he does love these. 
  • Chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels. Years ago when I worked at Wal-mart (before it was a super center) we carried a line of Sam's Brand products. I bought a bag of these every few days. I still miss them. The candy store in my sister's town carries a different version, but at a much higher price.
Now I'm hungry. Luckily the treats bowl in my pantry (really it says that) is full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment