Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation Highlights

Our company is gone, but now I'm in party planning mode for Ruby D. I bought all of the baking ingredients for her party today except for the fruit tray and the sherbet for punch. I'm hoping to get a few things done early, but I would not be surprised if I end up doing everything Saturday. Unfortunately Andrew's high school reunion is also on Saturday night, so I will have to work on everything earlier than I normally do. Sunday morning we will have to run to Wal-mart to get balloons blown up, but the party isn't until late afternoon (after nap time). Gracie is very excited. She is not one for a schedule. When we are on vacation and/or have company she runs full tilt and is HAPPY the entire time (well mostly, sometimes it is hard being three).

We had a great time with our company. I really like my house the more we live in it. It is great for guests, because it is so open, but we have the "guest" bedroom (thanks Ruby D for giving that up so willingly ;) and spare bathroom so that company have their own space. We stayed up late (well for them, I'm a night owl) and played games every night and ate lots of dessert. Yummy, dessert. Highlights from vacation:

Scott, Becky, and AJ. AJ is nineteen months old and was a big hit with both Ruby and Gracie.

Gracie crawling to the top of the ball pit. This is the first time she has been able to crawl without any help.

Cutie Ruby D

Daddy and Ruby D playing in the ball pit.

Ruby D loved being buried in the balls.

She is just so adorable.

Gracie at the Children's Museum. She liked both this bouncy animal and the pink doggy. The pink doggy came home with us. She is getting much better at balancing on him. Or her I guess; she named it Gracie.

Playing at the glass exhibit. She loved to screw the bulbs into the holes.

Gracie getting ready to dig. She was very excited about her goggles. So excited that she tried to make AJ wear a pair. She kept putting them on him, he kept taking them off (in his defense they really didn't fit well).

No comments:

Post a Comment