Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ruby D at Sixteen Months

At sixteen months you:
-have two more teeth. Your one in the middle on the top finally poked through (11/19) and you got one of the ones on the left side (11/17). It takes you a very long time for your teeth to get through the gum, and you don't sleep very well during the process.
-are into everything! You love to get under the bathroom cabinet and pull all the cups out, steal toothbrushes, open the kitchen drawers, try to climb the bookcase shelves, and drag the stool around with you to get to things that you shouldn't. Oh Ruby D!
-Speak in sentences all of the time and are forever adding new words to your vocabulary. Words you use a lot: sucker, Gracie, Mommy, I want a bite, I need that, kiss, hug, puppy, cracker, Oreo, poop.
-Are a very messy eater just like your sister was. Even if I put a bib on you if I don't take your shirt off you get everything on your collar. I have just started to give you a fork/spoon with some foods and you are doing a great job.
-Your favorite foods are: suckers, cheese, spinach artichoke dip, mashed potatoes, baked apples, crackers, and pineapples.
-You still breastfeed a few times a day (when you wake up, sometimes after nap, before bed, once a night). You are so funny about it before bed. As soon as we finish reading Gracie's stories you start screaming, "I want boob." You also want full access of both and randomly switch off. Silly baby. You are only this way at bedtime, at your other feedings you take around five minutes and sometimes eat on only one side.
-You take one nap a day from around 1-3.
-You only use your pacy for nap and going to sleep at night. You usually spit your pacy out after you fall asleep and don't use it for the majority of the night (but you do keep it in at naptime).
-Have the cutest little stick out pigtails on the side of your hair. If I put your hair in one piggy it is long enough to make a little knob.
-Kick your shoes off the minute you get in your car seat. You also make your legs stick straight when we put you in your seat and start giggling, because you think it's a game.
-Take your pants and socks off all the time. You also try to take off your diaper.
-Are very helpful at clean up time. You put things back in their place and bring me what I ask for.
-Want to "color" and paint with big sister. You also want her Gabbas, her "Minies" (your word for My Little Pony), and her stool. This can lead to a few fights. Usually both you and your sister are hugging and kissing and playing with each other though.
-Love peace time at church. You stick out your little hand and say "peace." So so adorable. Now if only I could keep you quiet during church!
-I love your dimple, but I tell you that it makes you naughty, because oh my goodness you have a naughty face little miss. Cutest thing ever, but you can tell that you are trouble.
-Want Minnie stuff for Christmas.
-Love to dance and shake.

Oh Ruby D D! What would we do without you? You make me laugh, you make me smile, you amaze me with your smartness, your spirit, your silliness. You have such a big heart in your tiny body. Even when you are being naughty you still have Mama wrapped around your finger. I am so thankful for you every single day.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment