Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blitther Blatther

Today the girls and I made peppermint bark and chocolate gooey butter cookies (a Paula Deen recipe-Gracie heartily approved). I ran out of white chocolate so I wasn't able to make a layered peppermint bark, but I think that just the dark chocolate tastes amazing. I smashed the candy canes with a hammer. I find smashing things very satisfying. I much prefer using a hammer to using a rolling pin (for candy canes, graham crackers, nuts, etc.). I also finished picking out what pictures I want to go in my window so after I get them printed out that should be a project I can finish up next week (but I'm not hanging it-that can be Andrew's job). Andrea decided last minute to go on vacation this weekend so I'm not sure if I will get the table done until next week either. Our family pictures are Friday night after Andrew gets home so he should have time to take me to the store for stripper before I leave town. Tomorrow morning my mom is taking me to get my nails done. Thank goodness. My nails are horrible. They split and have vertical lines up and down most of them (characteristic sign of Darier disease). I much prefer having acrylic nails, but it's hard to keep up with going every two weeks with the girls and Andrew's schedule. I think I'm going with a dark glittery purple tomorrow. If not that then a nude shade (I wore Dulce de Leche every two weeks for almost a year when I used to religiously get my nails done-the days before children).
(not my nails; I wish they were!)

No WIWW this week, because I have no full length mirror to take my own picture in, and I have worn a black shirt with a sweater over it literally every day. Family pictures on Friday though!

No comments:

Post a Comment