Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Progress

I apparently felt motivated yesterday and made Oreo bark, took a blind off one of my old windows, and started working on the table in the breakfast nook. The table was supposed to be a quick and easy project, but unfortunately it's not. Andrew cut garlic bread without anything underneath it right after we got it and left scratch marks. Then Gracie somehow made a very small hole right by her plate. I thought I would just have to sand the bad spots and put on some touch up paint. Yeah, not so much. After sanding and painting four coats the scratches and hole were covered but bumpy and clearly noticeable (at least to me). I wanted to strip the top of the table, but I ran out of stripper half way through. Sigh. I covered the table with festive Fall fabric until Andrew comes home and I can go the store and get more stripper. At least it is only a round table top so it shouldn't take a long time once I get the table top smooth enough to paint. It really irks me that I'm having to work on new furniture though. I don't mind stripping and painting pieces I find at antique stores, but I bought this table brand new. That is why I want it to look perfect when I'm done. Most of my furniture is old and is supposed to look beat up so it doesn't matter if my paint job isn't perfect, but considering the table base and all of the chairs are completely smooth the table is just going to look off if I don't do a good job. At least I was able to get my window finished. Why would someone put a cheap ass mini blind on a leaded glass window with twenty eight panes. WHY?! The blind is off now, the window is clean, and I just need to pick the pictures that I'm going to put behind each of the panes. Maybe that can be my project for tonight. I still have to make peppermint bark this week also, but the table wore me out for tonight. Time to start reading Harry Potter for the hundredth something time?


My window pretty much looks like this, but it has twenty eight panes (4 by 7). I love the desk in this picture. Want.

No comments:

Post a Comment