Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Long time no blog. Dick and Mary Ann left last Friday, and I have been trying to catch up on the house and get Gracie and Ruby back into a schedule. Yesterday we had to take Ruby to Riley (Gracie had a "girl party" with Mimi). Scott and Becky are visiting next month, but I don't think anything else is going on before then. Auntie Ann moves this weekend, but I don't know when we will be visiting her. Poor Gracie likes to go go go. After Grandmama left she asked me, "Are Scott and Becky sleeping here tomorrow?" After I told her she had to wait for another month she asked me, "Can we go see Auntie Ann then?" No silly girl, Mommy needs a break. Considering how long a nap she took that day I think she needed a break also.

We have been:
-playing on the swingset every day, sometimes twice a day. Ruby loves the water table and being pushed in her baby swing when it is windy. Gracie loves to take her Gabbas and push them down the slide with her bottom. Gracie really wants to have a picnic lunch outside, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
-catching up on laundry. Having house guests sure makes a lot of loads! I finally put everything up today. I even got all the spaghetti stains out of Andrew's dress shirt and tie.
-going through clothing. I finally sorted Ruby's drawer/closet and my and Gracie's closet. I have a huge pile I have to further sort into Goodwill/keep as hand me downs, but the hard part is done. I bought a few new sweaters/shirts with my birthday money yesterday, and I had lots of room to hang them. I try to go through my closet once every year or so, and it always amazes me what I have to get rid of. Luckily I buy really cheap clothing (which is probably why it doesn't hold up for long).
-playing Apples to Apples. One of my favorite parts of Dick and Mary Ann being here. We played Apples to Apples and had snacks quite a few nights. So much fun.
-thinking of ideas for Ruby's first birthday party. So far I have decided on a rainbow theme and what most of the food will be. I have an idea for her invites, but I need to go take pictures. Hopefully next week on one of Andrew's days off I can work on that.

Some pictures from the last few weeks:
The cutest baby in the cutest swimsuit cover up (Gymboree). Swim time at Grandmama's hotel.

This girl loves to jump. No fear at all.

This girl loves to stand. She is so proud of herself.


These girls love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment