Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy Busy Buzzy

It's been a whirlwind week. Andrew's parents got here on Monday evening. Monday morning they repaired the drywall in my bedroom (still waiting for paiting/carpet to be finished). I spent the rest of the day cleaning/preparing for visitors. Andrew and his dad worked on putting together Gracie's swingset almost all of Tuesday and part of Wednesday. Grace saw her new swingset, ran towards it, looked at it, and told us, "Where is the steering wheel? The swingsets at Menards have steering wheels." Oh lord. Grandmama wanted Gracie to have the swingset she had envisioned in her head and purchased her a steering wheel at Menards. Thursday afternoon we went swimming at the hotel (Richard and Mary Ann are spending part of their vacation at our house/part at a hotel). Friday Gracie took Grandmama to the "cookie restaurant." I do not know another year old who would pick out a Chinese buffet as their favorite place to eat, but boy can she eat there. Saturday and Sunday we took a mini vacation to Marengo Cave, IN and Louisville, KY. Gracie got a new spelunking hat, mined for gemstones, ate chocolate cake, swam in a hotel pool, had hotel breakfast (her favorite), fed an ostrich, picked out new clothes, and ate an Oreo ice cream sandwich. My happy traveling girl. Ruby also had a good time. She loved being in her carrier throughout the cave, sharing all our food (especially Grandpa Richard's carrot cake), swimming in the pool, seeing other little girls and boys, and playing with her sister. Our plans for this week are to finish painting my television cabinet, go to HomeGoods in Indy, make lasagna (me), drink wine (Richard and Mary Ann), play on the swingset, and go swimming again. If we get overly ambitious we may work on painting the girls wooden ride on horse. I can't believe a whole week has already gone by. I think I need a vacation from my vacation though.








No comments:

Post a Comment