Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Closing

Our official closing date is Friday at 9:30 am. If we had wanted to drive to Indy on Thursday we could have completed the paperwork then, but with the price of gas we decided to wait. Andrew is planning on installing our light fixtures and hopefully taping Gracie's room Friday afternoon/evening. Gracie's room is the only one we currently have plans on painting (pink). Pictures of our house prior to moving in:

The great room. Mommy thinks that Gracie will not be happy about the new "no food except for in the kitchen" policy. I would prefer a darker colored carpet, but that is something I can eventually change that was not worth the initial cost.
The flooring in the laundry room, kitchen, and breakfast nook. I actually looked through the book of samples and picked the darkest sample available. My mom hated her linoleum when we were growing up, but she always commented on how well it hid stains (it was dark brown). I currently have white linoleum in the apartment I am renting, and I hate it. I am really pleased with how this flooring turned out. I also don't think I will have to sweep it numerous times a day in an attempt to make it look decent.
Gracie in the dining room (prior to carpet). I really like those two windows, but I am not sure on window treatments yet. I would eventually like to have a hanging stained glass piece in the window on the right (with butterflies).  
I love my white kitchen sink. I really like that the window has a shelf. I think it will be fun to decorate for each season/holiday. I have no idea on hardware for the cabinets. Considering how much hardware can cost that is probably something that can wait for awhile. I love bin pulls, but they are not cheap. The molding on the door also will play a part in how large the hardware can be/what will look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment