Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boxes

My kitchen is completely full of boxes. I love kitchen items. Especially dishware and holiday serving pieces. And Temptations (I own both the multicolor polka dot and yellow Old World, but I love the pink and yellow polka dot pieces also). Every time I move-this will be the seventh time in the past nine years (!) I am amazed by how much I have. I haven't even started moving my china from the hall closet yet. My mom came over this morning so that I could get some packing done without Gracie interrupting me every two seconds and without Ruby ever stuffing things she shouldn't eat in her mouth or screaming for attention. I got a lot packed, but I ran out of bubble wrap. One of the big huge rolls. What we really need to do is finish is painting a lot of our furniture so that we don't need to work on it after we move. Andrew finished the crib last night, and the dresser would be done, but Sissy (our cat) jumped on it sometime during the night and got paw prints all over it. Sigh. I also have a mirror that I need to paint yellow and a coffee table that needs some major work (but found for free on the side of the road). Eventually everything will get done, and at least this time I am not looking at moving again in two years (my max time limit at any apartment I have lived at).

No comments:

Post a Comment