Monday, October 31, 2011

Ruby D at Fifteen Months

At fifteen months you:

-have three new teeth! (9/30 upper left lateral incisor; 10/5 upper middle, right; 10/14 upper right lateral incisor)
-have potty trained yourself for poop. If you need to go you start running down the hall to go to the potty. You hate going in your diaper and start yelling if you need to go and you are in your car seat/high chair/etc. When you are done you tell me "wipe." Genius baby. Most of the time you pee when you are done pooping, but you haven't started taking yourself for pee yet.
-weigh 20 pounds 1 ounce (10%) and are 29 3/4 inches tall (25%). Apparently you have dropped percentages in weight, and your doctor wants us to add butter to your food, Carnation instant breakfast to your milk, etc. I think you are just going to be a tiny girl like your sister. Remember when you were a baby and growing so fast that everyone thought you were going to be huge? You certainly proved us wrong!
-wear mostly size twelve month and a lot of eighteen month hand me downs. You wear shoe sizes anywhere from a three to a five depending on brand. You love shoes but most especially you love your boots.
-have around fifty words in your vocabulary. You also say short sentences. You are incredibly verbal and pick up new words all the time. Recent words you use a lot: book, bubble, eat, "I need my milk," "I want that," "I need Minnie", MoMo (Elmo), Mommy, color.
-love to give kisses all the time. So so cute. You kiss me, your sister, Minnie, and Sissy.
-try to steal toothbrushes and run away brushing your teeth.
-breastfeed after waking up, after nap (only one side usually), before bed, and once during the middle of the night. If you wake up you start telling me, "I need my boob."
-take around a two hour nap in the afternoon (1-3ish).
-love other babies. You love to point at/kiss their pictures in books, play with your baby dolls, and see babies at stores.
-can scribble on paper (and walls and the table, etc.) You love to "color."
-like to dance to Taylor Swift music and can sing along to some songs.
-Are a good eater. You try anything. Some of your favorites: kiwi, cheese, Mandarin oranges, bologna, noodles, baked apples, and suckers.
-Start each evening in your crib. You have started to prefer sleeping on your back and seem to do much better that way.
-Love your sister's plush Minnie (you've basically claimed it as your own). You carry it around everywhere and ask for it when we get in the car/get to places. You don't really want it at night or when you go to sleep though.
-if I ask you "Who do you love?" you tell me, "you." You also told Daddy the other night when he asked you, "I love Mommy." Oh how I love my Mommy's girl.
-already love shoes, dress up, glitter, and pink. Another girly girl. :)
-Love bath time especially bubble baths or if I blow bubbles for you and your sister.

Oh Ruby D D. I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the daytime and underneath the moon. I love you when you're cranky and I love you when you smile. I love you when you're clingy and I love you when you giggle. I love you when you're naughty and I love you when you cuddle. I love you you all the time sweet girl.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment