Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To Do List

Now that our summer visitors are gone and Ruby D's party is over I should have time to finish working on some things around the house. What I would like to get done:
  • hang my new stained glass window in my dining room window. I actually just need to buy/install a hook to do this; I just keep forgetting every time I go to Wal-mart.
  • wash all of the outside windows. This is just pointless to do right now, because the sprinklers hit the windows every single time Andrew waters the lawn.
  • put hooks on both sides of the window hanging in the hall, string twine, and hang my favorite scrapbook layouts.
  • spackle the scratches on my breakfast nook table (Andrew cut through garlic bread without a plate underneath it) and touch up with paint.
  • organize the master bathroom closet (basically figure out what I want all my scrapbook stuff to go into).
  • get baskets to go on the shelf in the laundry room.
  • find a new toy box (because the one we have is completely falling apart).
I would eventually like to:
  • put in a back splash in the kitchen.
White Subway Tile
(ohh, pretty)

  • have a fence installed in the backyard. 

(pretty much the exact fence I want, pretty much one of the most expensive options out there. My husband would say this doesn't surprise him in the least.)
  • replace carpet in the dining room with hardwood.
  • have a pocket door/door installed in the master bathroom leading to the closet. 
Unfortunately all of these projects will probably be a long time coming, because they take a lot of money. We don't plan on moving until the girls graduate high school though, so it isn't like we don't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment