Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. We spent Sunday and part of Monday visiting my sister. She got into a car wreck on Friday night and was without a vehicle. We took her grocery shopping, to Wal-mart, and helped arrange for her new furniture to be delivered to her house. Before we left town on Monday Andrew was able to take her to pick up her rental car and put the legs on her new couch/loveseat. We also made time to go to Ulta, Old Navy, and Bakers Square. It wasn't Free Slice Wednesday, but we still got pie. Andrew and Gracie shared a piece of Oreo pie, and I had brownie pie a la mode. It was delicious.
2. Ruby D is switching meds from Levothyroxine to Synthroid. Her levels keep jumping up and down every few months which means that not until do we have to keep readjusting her meds, but she also has to continue having a blood test every single month. Her doctor isn't sure if her barely nonexistent thyroid is occasionally producing a spurt that messes her levels up or if the generic medicine isn't working for her. So I guess we try this and go from there.
3. I am so ready for fall. Every year around back to school time I feel this way. The sweaters and boots in all the stores don't help any either. I also always feel like completely making myself over every year around this time. The fall fashion magazine editions don't help that.
4. My jeans are either falling apart or don't fit (or both) so I did buy a few new pairs at Old Navy ($15 for almost all styles-I think the sale is still going on this week). I also bought a pair of skinnies at Wal-mart. Two of the pairs I bought need hemmed so I need to take those to the dry cleaner that Andrew uses for his uniform.
5. Gracie picked out florescent cat fabric and circus fabric for Wanda to make some new clothes for her. She also wants crocodile fabric to make a pair of ruffle pants, but I haven't found any of that yet. The fabric we bought was for the main portion of her skirt or pants so we still need to find something that coordinates, but we should be able to find polka dots (my budding fashion designer told me that is what she needs) at Jo-Anns or Hobby Lobby.
6. Ruby D is a talking machine. She already can say a lot of two word phrases and repeats words all the time. We are working on body parts, and she already can point out and say: eye, ear, nose, belly, boob, and toes. What I love to hear the most is when she says, "Mommy's baby, I Ru Ru." She certainly has me wrapped around her finger.
7. On that note I have no idea when I am going to wean her. During the day she really is mostly weaned with the exception of naptime. She gets a cup of milk for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. I'm trying to only feed her before or after nap (not both), but it really depends on the day as to how that goes. Before bed and during the night I don't even want to start the process of weaning. She isn't a good sleeper even though she cosleeps. I don't know if it is her medicine or what the deal is, but she very rarely sleeps longer than four or five hours in a row. Depending on the night I can sometimes get her back to sleep without feeding her, but more often that not she just screams or pulls down my shirt until I cooperate. Oh well, breastfeeding is so healthy for her, and it's not like I mind.
8. Ulta is one of the very few locations that carries NYX cosmetics. They are cheap, pretty, and shimmery. I really have stopped using glitter, but shimmer is another story. I love the jumbo eye pencils. My favorite so far is Pacific which is this blue/purple shade.
9. Gracie goes in spurts of staying dry all night for weeks and then randomly starts peeing in her diaper again. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. I know it isn't a big deal, because she is so little, but it makes it hard to know when to try putting her in undies overnight. Hopefully now that we are home and eating at normal times she reverts back to her normal pattern.
10. I want to try to stop drinking so much pop, but it's easier said than done. Oh Mountain Dew, why must you taste so yummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment